Hopefully you’ve come here because you say episode 7 of Homie Happy Hour! If you haven’t seen it you can visit my Facebook page to watch the replay. I tested out some new technology today, I’m excited to be able to do more in these episode than I could before.
Here’s a quick overview of what I talked about in Episode 7!
My Trip to Paris!
Paris was amazing, if you want to check out some of my favourite pics from the trip click the links below:
- Feast your eyes on the stunning apartment we stayed in while in Paris!
- 20 of the most Beautiful Parisian Doors
- Today’s Top 10 Snaps from Paris!
- Paris, I think I love you. 10 photos from my first few days in this amazing city.
- It’s time for today’s 10 pics from Paris, spoiler berets make an appearance!
- Today’s 10 (and then some) photos from our Chateau Adventures!
My roller derby team is going to champs!
If you’ve been following me you know I play roller derby and our team has been working hard to take the boot home (let’s call it the Stanley Cup of our league), I’m happy to say that we’ve made it to champs where we’ll be playing for first!
This was me channelling my inner Michael Jackson at during the game. 😉
Me as Michael Jackson a few years back. I freaked myself out with how much I looked like him.
Project Woodland Whimsey Reveal!
Click here to see the transformation of a little boys nursery into an adorable woodland inspired oasis!
I’ve launched Decor Coaching
You guys asked and I listened! I recently sent out a survey asking where people need the most help with their home. Decor coaching had an overwhelming response! I have launched this service and am offering 25% off to one person while I flush out the service. The regular price for four hours is $499, I’ll be offering it to one person for $375. Click here to complete the following form by May 25th.
Homie Q&A (question from my Private Facebook Group)
“Need some recommendations on how to make our house feel a bit more homey. My husband and I rarely share the same vision…I want to repaint the ivory hutch behind the couch- looking for a recommendation on paint (thinking dark slate or blue gray) we need some type of coffee table/ottoman/tray in the living room, a more colorful area rug under the dining room table that hides food stains, some type of table centerpiece/decoration. We have black pottery barn napoleon chairs for the dining room but they aren’t in this picture because we are painting them from green to black.”
Living Room Before Styling
Living Room After Styling
I decided to focus on just the living room, which hopefully Sherill can use as a starting point to the other rooms.
- Coffee table & accessories: I’ve added a coffee table with a new finish
- Bamboo Shade: Adding a bamboo shade helps the window feel more polished as well as add a nice texture and natural feel into the space. Adding colour on the shade would compete with the art that is placed beside it, this allows the art to stand out.
- Bold light fixture: Whenever I’m designing a room I always consider sightlines, in this case I’m thinking about the sightline from the room that is connected, I want to ensure that what someone sees when sitting on that couch is beautifully framed and part of that is a beautiful statement light fixture.
- A tall plant: Plants are key in any room, they add life, colour, texture and height!
- Style the top of your armoire: Many people forget to pay attention to the tops of tall furniture, it’s a great opportunity to add texture and help the space feel cozier, in this space I’ve added baskets to help add more texture into the room.
- Layer a lamp and vases in front art: People are often afraid to layer things in front of art, in my opinion layering decor in front of art helps ad depth and interest.
- Throw pillows: Adding a few additional throw pillows will help add more pattern, colour and coziness. You might consider also adding a throw blanket over the back of the couch.