DIY Design / e-Design packages are the perfect solution for those who want Michelle Binette Design’s skill and aesthetic without a full-service price tag. Each design is personalized for you, with your style and budget in mind.
- Perfect if you’re looking for a well-designed room at an affordable price.
- We create the vision (with your goals in mind), floor plan and a shopping list to specific furniture/finishes so you can purchase and pull it all together at your own pace.
- Designs are completed 2-3 weeks from time Kick-Off date (Kick-Off can vary based on project load and is scheduled after payment and survey completion – Style Survey, Furniture/Finish survey).
- Our DIY Design package is a wonderful way to get expert design advice quickly and affordably, but it’s important to understand that we cannot guarantee the same result as the projects you’ve seen featured on our website. Full service design includes showroom visits to review selections and fabrics in person, ongoing support which includes tweaks and decisions made during the execution phase. You will be making those decisions using the visions provided.
- Kitchen and bath cabinetry design is directional, client will present these drawings to their kitchen company, at which time final drawings will be created. Some changes may have to be made, which the client will work through with the kitchen company.
- Kitchen and bath finishes will be selected from the samples provided at the Kick-Off meeting, if additional sourcing is required this is an additional service.
- The following services are additional (billed at $150/hr)
- Site visits or communication with trades
- Final designs for custom millwork (directional designs inc)
- Styling and accessorizing (accessories are not included in the shopping list)
- Custom window treatments
- Gallery wall designs (we may suggest a directional concept using retail frames)
- Revisions to the plans (the surveys help ensure we’re selecting furniture to suite your tastes)
- To keep this service affordable sourcing is done online, this means textile colours like fabrics, rugs, drapes, etc cannot be 100% confirmed.
- Waiting too long to order items on the shopping list may result in backordered or discontinued products, if this happens you’ll be responsible for finding similar replacement options.
- If purchasing items online, you’ll want to confirm shipping fees, return policies, duties, back-orders, exchange rates, etc.
- You’ll also want to pay attention to your selections when ordering online (example: selecting the correct product finish or sizing from dropdown menus).
- Michelle Binette Design cannot be held responsible for incorrect measurements provided by the client.
- If we’re working virtually email photos and measurements of the rooms, the more photos the better!
- Inspiration is key, send us a link to a Pinterest or Houzz board of the look you’re after (adding comments to the photos is helpful!).
- Take time to complete the surveys as this will help drive the designs and furniture selections.
- Provide us with an itemized budget, we can help here if needed (we will do our best to work to build the design based on budget, no revisions to the budget once the design is complete).
- Keep in mind that often you get what you pay for and the quality of an item can be reflected in its price tag, an item purchased at a lower price point will likely be reflected in its quality.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- 1 mood board (the vision!): This is a visual presentation of all of the room’s elements and how they work together (paint, furniture, art, textiles, accessories, window treatments, etc.).
- 1 floor plan / elevations: This is a to-scale, detailed, furniture or cabinetry plan that references everything included in the mood board.
- 1 shopping list: We’ll include a links to all sourced items (referencing everything included in the mood board and any alternatives where applicable) to make your shopping experience a breeze.