Lauren Williams has been popping up in designs feeds all over Instagram, she’s become a go-to artist that designers work with to add unique one-of-a-kind art in clients homes.
I love visiting her Instagram feed to see behind the scenes videos which are as mesmerizing as they are inspiring!
Let’s get to know Lauren Williams…
I start with a vision, but as I work, the direction changes based on the fiber’s reaction to the paints and dyes. My biggest lesson over the years, as I have created various techniques in my exploration of this work, is that this form of art demands cooperation.
The more freedom I give each tapestry to come alive, the more beautiful the result is.
Having faith over fear pulls me through the big projects and commissions that sometimes intimidate me. This mindset also keeps me from comparing myself while creating, which can be a huge distraction.
- PAINTING! For me, creating fiber art has been such an adventure, and exploring a new medium feels so right and good… although I’m just dipping my toes into the process of finding my personal style with this medium, I’m loving every opportunity I have to work on a solid canvas, that doesn’t move. 😉
- JUMPSUITS. I have two new jumpsuits that I love wearing while I work in the studio. I typically wear overalls, but having to only choose one piece of clothing in the morning when I head into the studio makes me very happy. Ha!
- PILATES. I committed to working out in January. I often joke that I took a 10 year “break” after selling our yoga studio in 2010, but I’m back at it and it feels really nice to consistently make myself stronger.
- WEEKEND MOVIE NIGHTS. Our boys are at the age where they can sit and watch an entire movie, and so we have fallen into the glorious habit of Friday movie nights, complete with homemade pizzas and popcorn. This family activity after a long week working in the studio is my favourite thing to do as a family, right now!
- CHOCOLATE. Favourite right now, and forever.